Firstly, input the genomic sequences or proteome of the virus. Attention, one genome or proteome is allowed in each input box. More genome/proteome can be added by click the button “Add another virus genome”.
Secondly, submit the task by clicking on the button of “GO”, and a waiting page appeared as follows. User can wait here. It would last for several seconds to several minutes depending on the number of viral genomes inputted. The user can also bookmark the page or input the email (optional), and check the results later.
Thirdly, five kinds of output were displayed. All of them can be exported as a PDF file.
1) the “Sequence annotation”, including the gene/protein type and coding region of the sequence (for DNA).
2) predicted potential host and its probability, and also the human-adaptation related amino acid markers included in the proteome of the virus.
3) antigenic and genetic relationship with the vaccine strains of the HA subtype.
4) mammalian virulence related amino acid markers included in the proteome of the virus.
5) drug-resistance (including Amantadine, Oseltamivir, Zanamivir, and baloxavir marboxil) related amino acid markers included in the proteome of the virus.
1.Xiangjun Du#, Libo Dong#, Yu Lan, Yousong Peng, Aiping Wu, Ye Zhang, Weijuan Huang, Dayan Wang, Min Wang, Yuanji Guo, Yuelong Shu* & Taijiao Jiang* (2012). Mapping of H3N2 influenza antigenic evolution in China reveals a strategy for vaccine strain recommendation. Nature communications|3:709| DOI: 10.1038/ncomms1710
2.Xu Beibei, Tan Zhiying, Li Kenli, Jiang Taijiao*, Peng Yousong* (2017), Predicting the host of influenza viruses based on the word vector. PeerJ 5:e3579; DOI10.7717/peerj.3579
3.Yousong Peng#, Xiaodan Li#, Hongbo Zhou, Aiping Wu, Libo Dong, Ye Zhang, Rongbao Gao, Hong Bo, Lei Yang, Dayan Wang, Xian Lin, Meilin Jin*, Yuelong Shu*, Taijiao Jiang*. Continual Antigenic Diversification in China leads to global antigenic complexity of Avian Influenza H5N1 Viruses. Scientific Reports,2017,7:43566,DOI: 10.1038/srep43566
4.Mi Liu#, Xiang Zhao#, Sha Hua#, Xiangjun Du, Yousong Peng, Xiyan Li, Yu Lan, Dayan Wang, Aiping Wu*,Yuelong Shu*, Taijiao Jiang*. Antigenic Patterns and Evolution of the Human Influenza A (H1N1) Virus. Scientific Reports 2015, 5.
5.Yousong Peng#, Yuanqiang Zou#, Honglei Li, Kenli Li, Taijiao Jiang*. Inferring the antigenic epitopes for highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N1 viruses. Vaccine, 2014, 32(6):671-676